Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome to Parenthood...not sure I like this part so much!!!




Well last night Phil and Livvi headed to the grocery store while I was still at work. Suni called me at work and I told her I was in a middle of a case and couldn't talk. She said not to scare you but Livvi had fallen and she is bleeding really bad. Oh my gosh I just panicked...my baby was bleeding! Phil couldn't get a hold of me so he called Suni and she told him to take her to the urgent care. I guess Phil was carrying her around and set her in the car seat on top of the shopping cart to grab something and then all of a sudden he heard this loud smack! Livvi had fallen about 5ft right on her poor little face and started bleeding out of her nose and mouth. Phil rushed her to the urgent care and the doctor looked at her for maybe 5 minutes and said she was fine...what, who are you??? We didn't feel comfortable with the care that we recieved so we went home and gave her a blessing and headed for the ER at Desert Hospital. They got us in quick and she got a CT of her head and then we waited 3 long hours with the most nasty, smelly people you could ever find. Where do these people come from??? Anyway all is good, the CT looked good and off we went 4.5 hours later. What a blessing! Thanks for all the prayers and fasting we really appreciate it!

5 comments:

  1. oooh poor Livvi!! & poor Kati & Phil! That must have been terrifying for all of you!! I'm SO glad she's ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is sooo sad! I know all of us parents take those little risks thinking they will be fine, of course that one time they decide to make us wrong! I'm so glad she is fine and won't remember a thing. As for the E.R. I'm sorry that is something you will never forget...isn't it the worse place in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh. how very scary. poor livvi. so glad that she is not hurt and that everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo glad she is okay!! Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness you poor thing and poor Phil. What a horrible feeling!!! when Jaden broke his leg at 15mths I felt the same way. So glad she is ok, kids are amazingly tough and can totally handle way more than we think, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete